Friday 1 February 2013

Two Random Girls: Resolution

Oh, you've got to be kidding!

"I have decided" articulated my friend Jane as she eyed the menu board up ahead.
"That, exercise is so overrated, and so are new years resolutions; I mean, come on, who do you know has successfully carried one out for more than 2 weeks after New Years day?". 

~
It did leave me thinking, I mean, I haven't ever succeeded in making one go for more than the usual new years resolution duration. Jane made me think for a moment, and usually, I speak before I think, this short comment struck a thought idea through my head, making me ponder the idea of what always seemed so good on the 31st of December and faded by the time you woke up at noon on the 2nd of January .

"I mean, why do so many carry these little dreams or goals out on that particular date, they are practically doomed to fail; I know that's harsh!" Jane paused and leaned took a step forward as our slow line for a quick coffee shuffled on.

I laughed in a practically unusual way that made me look like I was out of a Hollywood movie.
"You have something there though!" I cheerily and inquisitively remarked. "Why can't we just start it this moment, instead of waiting all that time to start something that just about always fails!"

"Yes!" Jane voiced. "Why do they, or we, put our dreams and goals on something so trivial, or brand it as something that everyone else has or does?"

Jane grabbed my arm and pulled my forward as I stopped to pose a thought about why we do, how we do and how it all came about. The lady over the counter greeted us bluntly and we both cheerily answered with our different choices of coffee and chocolate; the poor young girl wasn't haveing a good day, as our ridiculously sarcastic and silly comments couldn't even cheer her young face into a small smile.

"Do you..." I paused and glanced at her name tag "... Anne, have a new years resolution?" I posed the question slightly to my surprise and very much to Jane and Anne's.
"Don't answer if I seem to prying, please!" I smiled at her as I handed her the small bill.
She paused for a moment thinking it was a joke before answering: "Emm, thank you, well, not really, I don't do them, if I want to start something then I do it when I like" she said, glancing up at Jane and I for a second before handing us our change.
"How delightful to have you say that!" I almost squealed.
Jane smiled at Anne and then shook her head. "We had just been discussing how new years resolutions are practically a joke and ready to fail as soon as the thought arrives!"
"I know right!" Anne smiled and Jane winked at me, we had succeeded.
"Thank you Anne! We'll enjoy our coffee a lot better now!" Jane giggled back over her shoulder as we walked ourselves to a small table for two over at the very front of the shop, a good view of the passers by and always making for a great topic of lady like and interesting chit-chat.


~
WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHT ON A NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS>??/ LEAVE A COMMENT HERE OR SEND ME A TWEET! 

TWITTER: DancingCrickett
TUMBLR: MoeLeebyMolly.tumblr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment